For the Eclairs: 250ml full fat milk, 65g butter, 150g plain flour, 5 large eggs,
For the Filling: 150ml double cream, 1tsp coffee extract, approx 10 walnuts finely chopped.
For the Topping: 150g icing sugar, 5ml water, 1tsp coffee extract, whole and finely chopped walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, line two baking sheets. Slowly bring the milk and butter to the boil and when combined and just boiling remove from the heat.
- Sieve in the flour and whisk until combined and the mixture is smooth. Return the pan to the heat for 1-2 minutes and stir until the pastry balls and comes away from the side of the pan.
- Take off the heat and add in the eggs, beat well until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Fill a piping bag and pipe 8cm strips onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, reduce the oven to 160 degrees and bake for a further 7 minutes. Remove the eclairs and allow to cool.
- Add the coffee extract to the double cream and whip until thick and pipable. Stir through the finely chopped walnuts. When the eclairs have cooled, piece a hole in one end and pipe the double cream in to fill the eclair.
- Whisk together the icing sugar, water and coffee extract (add more coffee extract to taste). Pipe or spoon the topping onto each filled eclair. Top with a whole walnut at one end and a sprinkling of finely chopped walnuts across the elcair.