How to Make Fresh Basil Pesto
The aromatic flavour of pesto is the perfect addition to many dishes from pastas and pizzas to mash potato! Pesto is ideal for using up a glut of homegrown basil.
Prep: 15 mins
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
1. Place the basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic cloves and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse several times until combined. You may need to scrap the sides of the bowl down to ensure all the mixture has combined.
2. Switch the food processor to the lowest/ slowest setting and slowly pour the olive oil until incorporated and combined. You may need to scrap the sides down again.
3. Season with salt and pepper if required, then transfer to a glass container and keep refrigerated for 1 week.
Other Recipes You Make Like
How To Make Your Own Pasta