How To Make Your Own Pasta
Nothing beats the taste of homemade pasta! This classic Italian treat needs a simple sauce or pesto dressing to bring out the beautiful flavours and texture of your fresh egg pasta.
- 400g "00" Italian Flour or Plain Flour
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Place 400g flour on a clean work surface and make a well in the centre. Crack the 4 eggs into the centre of the well and add the olive oil.Gently whisk with a fork. As you whisk the eggs gradually bring the flour into the egg mixture until a dough is formed.
2. Knead the dough for roughly 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and springy in texture. Form a rough ball shape with the dough, dust with flour and set aside wrapped in cling film for 25 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 4 portions, set your pasta machine to the widest setting and dust with flour. Run a portion of the dough through the pasta machine, Fold the dough into thirds then repeat through the pasta machine 4 more times. Begin reducing the pasta machine settings,1 setting at a time, until you reach the lowest setting. Repeat procedure with the remaining 3 dough portions.
4. Cut the pasta dough into your preferred style, this could be ravioli shapes, spaghetti, fettuccine, pappardelle, or tagliatelle, and hang to fry for 20 minutes until they have dried. Be careful not to overlay the pasta strips or shapes whilst they are drying.
5. To cook your homemade pasta, bring a pan of water to the boil, carefully lower your pasta into the pan and cook for 3-6 minutes. Strain and serve immediately!
Other Recipes You May Like
How to Make Fresh Basil Pesto