For the shortbread: 250g butter, 100g golden caster sugar, 1 1/2tsp rose syrup, 375g plain flour, 50g chopped pistachios, 1 1/2tsp chopped edible rose petals.
For the glaze: 100g icing sugar, 1tsp water, 1tsp rose syrup
For the topping: 25g chopped pistachios, 2 tsp chopped edible rose petals
- Cream together the butter and sugar until soft and light. .
- Stir in the rose syrup then fold in the flour, chopped pistachios and rose petals.
- Chill the dough for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray.
- Roll the dough out into a large circle or press into a shortbread mould.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes until the shortbread is lightly golden brown and cooked through.
- Make up the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and pour in the water and rose syrup. Mix until fully combined. When the shortbread has cooled pour over the icing glaze and sprinkle on top the chopped pistachios and chopped edible rose petals.