Rich Dark Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Shards
A simple yet stunning cake which will provide a gorgeous centrepiece and is perfect with a cup of afternoon tea!
Serves: 10 Prep: 30 min Cook: 1 hour
- 140g plain chocolate
- 150g caster sugar
- 170g butter
- 5 eggs separated
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 110g plain chocolate
- 175g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- White chocolate shards
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Melt 140g plain chocolate over a pan of simmering water and set aside to cool.
2. Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy then add the egg yolks. Beat in the cooled chocolate then gradually add the flour.
3. Beat the egg whites until peaking and fold into the mixture using a metal spoon. Be careful not to over mix.
4. Bake in a greased and lined tin for 1 hour.
5. To make the icing; melt the butter and plain chocolate over a pan of simmering water, when combined remove from the heat add the icing sugar and vanilla.
6. Spread the icing over the top and sides of the cooled cake and top with a mountain of white chocolate shards.
Other Recipes You May Like
Classic Scone Recipe
Vanilla Custard Tarts
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies