Ingredients: 1kg floury potatoes such as King Edwards, 3 large eggs, 250g plain flour
- Peel and cube the potatoes, add to a pan of boiling water and boil until tender. Be careful not to over boil the potatoes or they will absorb too much water.
- Put the potatoes through a potato ricer to ensure there are no lumps and place in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and pour into the potatoes with some of the flour. Combine by hand, adding more of the flour until the dough it becomes a soft pliable dough which isn't too sticky. Don't over handle the mixture as they gnocchi will become too tough.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a long sausage about 2cm thick. You can either cut the dough into small rectangles or use a fork to indent the dough before cutting to give the gnocchi its iconic ridges.
- To cook boil a pan of water and add some of the gnocchi, cooking for approx 2 minutes until the gnocchi have risen to the top of the pan.
- Serve with a knob of sage butter and a generous topping of parmesan cheese.