2 eggs, 100g golden caster sugar, 100g plain flour, 1 lemon, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 100g melted butter, 50g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 and lightly grease a standard 12 cup madeleine tin or a 24 cup mini madeleine tin.
- Whisk together the eggs and caster sugar until light, fluffy and fully combined.
- Gently whisk in the flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, baking powder and melted butter until lump free.
- Spoon the mixture into the madeleine tin, filling each cavity 3/4 full then bake for 10-12 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Allow to cool the dust with a generous serving of icing sugar.